The Chinese American Citizens Alliance Foundation (Foundation) was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) foundation on April 5, 1971 in the State of California. The primary endeavor of the Foundation is to award academic scholarships to exemplary college students of Chinese decent. The Foundation granted its first two scholarships in 1971, each worth $500. Today, the Foundation has grown to award the following endowed scholarships of $1,000 each.
The endowed scholarships are:
- Yoke Quong Jung Memorial Scholarship
- Huan Lin Cheng Memorial Scholarship
- Y. C. Hong Memorial Scholarship
- Collin Lai and Susan Hum Scholarship
- Julius and Eleanor Sue Scholarship
- Robert and Edith Jung Scholarship
- James Bok Wong and Betty KC Yeow Scholarship
- Stanley and Mary Mu Scholarship
- Tim and Annie Siu Scholarship
- Ming and Josephine Ng Scholarship
- Edward Jung Lew and Mary Lew Scholarship
Each year, the Foundation begins to accept scholarship applications in May/June. Applicants must be available for an in-person interview in Los Angeles, to be scheduled in July/August. In general, applicants must be enrolled in a California college or university. The scholarships are open to undergraduate students of Chinese decent who have completed two years of college and are going to be junior in the Fall. Questions about the application process and requests for an application process and requests for an application form may be directed to the Foundation at email@example.com.
Donations to the Foundation (501(c)(3)) are tax deductible as allowed by law. Donations of any amount are welcome and may be sent to the Foundation at:
763 Yale Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
An endowed scholarship requires a $25,000 donation. Persons interested in establishing an endowed scholarship should contact Dr. James Bok Wong, President of the Foundation, at (323) 876-4083.
For more information about the Foundation and the scholarship application process, please visit our website: